That Winter, the Wind Blows (Hangul: 그 겨울, 바람이 분다; RR: Geu Gyeoul, Barami Bunda) is a 2013 South Korean romantic melodrama television series starring Zo In-sung, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Bum and Jung Eun-ji. Zo and Song play two damaged people who come to find the true meaning of love after meeting each other.
It premiered on Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) with 2 back-to-back episodes on February 13, 2013. The rest of the series aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
The male main character and the female character can't live a radiant life as he fails terribly in his first love and she experiences her parents' divorce and parting with her brother.
Life is just an extention for him and life is just full of loneliness and fatigue.
However, they feel excited and warm ever since they met and throughout and they find hope in life and human.
In a world where love is just a joke, they try to find the true meaning of love which isn't discolored and full of inspiration and delight.
- Zo In-sung as Oh Soo. An orphan who doesn't care about anything after the death of his first love, he becomes a high-class gambler and playboy. Oh Soo is also a con artist who preys on the rich and he sets sights on a new target: Oh Young, pretending to be her long-lost brother.
- Song Hye-kyo as Oh Young. She became estranged from her mother and older brother when her parents divorced when she was a child. Now legally blind, she is the sole heiress to a giant conglomerate after her father passes away.
- Kim Bum as Park Jin-sung, Oh Soo's best friend and right-hand man. Hot-head Jin-sung dreams of scraping up enough money to buy his father an organic cattle farm.
- Jung Eun-ji as Moon Hee-sun, the younger sister of Hee-joo, Oh Soo's first love. Hee-sun is a quirky, tomboyish girl with a deep fondness for flowers and for her sister. Though Hee-sun tries to despise Oh Soo after he leaves Hee-joo, she finds that she cannot.
- Bae Jong-ok as Wang Hye-ji
- Kim Kyu-cheol as Jang Sung
- Kim Tae-woo as Jo Moo-cheol
- Kim Young-hoon as Lee Myung-ho
- Seo Hyo-rim as Jin So-ra
- Im Se-mi as Son Mi-ra
- Choi Seung-kyung as Shim Joong-tae
- Han Jung-hyun as Kim Jung-yeon
- Shim Yi-young
- Lee Jae-woo
- Kim Jong-hyun
- Kyung Soo-jin as Moon Hee-joo, Oh Soo's first love who was pregnant with his child and dies in a motorcycle accident
The series is based on the Japanese drama I Don't Need Love, Summer (愛なんていらねえよ、夏 Ai Nante Irane Yo, Natsu) that aired on TBS in 2002, and was previously adapted into the 2006 Korean film Love Me Not.
Writer Noh Hee-kyung and director Kim Kyu-tae had previously collaborated with Song Hye-kyo on the 2008 series Worlds Within. Kim Bum had also worked with Noh and Kim on the 2011 series Padam Padam... The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats.
This marks Zo In-sung's first television drama in eight years since Spring Day in 2005, as well as his first acting project since being discharged from mandatory military service. Jung Eun-ji was the last major casting to be announced; this is her second TV series after the popular Reply 1997.
The four leads attended the drama press conference held on January 31, 2013.
On February 4, 2013, Zo cut his hand while filming a scene in Icheon, Gyeonggi-do where he had to punch a wall in anger, after the glass frame broke on impact. He received 13 stitches for his wound at a nearby hospital, then returned to the set and finished shooting.